West Hills Hospital & Medical Center
is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. HealthGrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission. Mission:
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Vision:
To be the hospital of choice in our community. Job Summary
: Responsible for the direction and coordination of nursing service activities and planning of patient care in the OR on a twenty-four hour basis. Responsible to promote and support the philosophy and objectives of the Division of Nursing and the Department of Surgical Services.
* This is a Full Time (no weekends) position.Qualifications: Education/Certificates/Licenses :
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing .
- B.S. preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- CPR certified in Basic Life Support.
- ACLS preferred.
- Certification (CNOR) preferred.
- Successfully pass Pharmacology test upon hire.
- A minimum of three years experience in the operating room; advanced preparation in the clinical specialty and management is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom