Oviedo Medical Center
, a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital's modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care.
The Charge RN for ICU
is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. Intensive Care is a 10-Bed unit.
Our number one goal is patient safety and satisfaction! You are expected to smile!
Desired skills : Minimum of 2 years of recent RN acute Critical Care experience. Previous Charge responsibilities highly desired.
Equal Opportunity EmployerQualifications:
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Charge RN experience preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification required.
- Current NIHSS (National Institute Health Stroke Scale) required.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.