Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We are dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we are looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 228-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art Cardiovascular Tower, an expanded Emergency Room and newly added Level III NICU to provide comprehensive services to the community we serve and increased professional growth opportunity for our employees.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
- Assists with training and precepting lactation team members, staff nurses, other health care providers and students. Develops community outreach as needed.
- Monitors outcomes, maintains lactation related data and identifies Quality Improvement projects
- Performs complete and accurate lactation assessment on assigned patients.
- Identifies changes/problems in breastfeeding/lactation and intervenes promptly and appropriately according to lactation standards.
- Provides and documents lactation assistance and education to mothers and their babies who are in the NICU and/or other specialty units.
- Acts as resource for nurses, Patient Care Assistants, Unit Secretary and LPN's.
- Participates in discharge planning following patient's lactation needs prior to discharge.
- Properly schedules and maintains the educational offerings through staffing, planning, reserving rooms for Women's & Children's service line.
- Associates in Science in Nursing, Bachelors preferred
- Florida RN License required.
- BLS Required
- NRP Required
- STABLE required within 180 days of hire
- IBCLC-RLC Certification
- 2 -years of Charge Registered Nurse Lactation experience
SIGN ON BONUS RELOCATION AVAILABLE
New Grads Please apply : http://hcaeastflorida.com/careers/starn-program.dot
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom