Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO Charge Nurse (RN) - Med Surg Unit
Contact Johna Koelzer at 816-401-3382 for more information or at Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com .
Founded more than 125 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center
is a 490-bed facility and has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $120 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department. Research Medical Center
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Med Surg Unit Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Nurse Manager, coordinates patient care and staffing needs for assigned shift.
- Ensures that patient care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure standards.
- Manages resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Acts as resource and mentor to staff.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required and maintained.
- Two years clinical nursing experience preferred.