Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for Chef de Cuisine
to oversee the day to day kitchen operations for food services in a hospital environment - located in Fort Worth, TX
Reporting to the Food Service Director, the Chef de Cuisine plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to food production operations, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads food production staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees. Level of impact is within own operation. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in retail and catering services to ensure an efficient and profitable food service ( to include, but not limited to, oversight of cash, sanitation, safety, customer service training, marketing, merchandising, food quality and portion control, customer satisfaction, booking and costing catered functions. Participate in Patient Satisfaction activities.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Drives patient and customer satisfaction, and maintains client relationships through rounding.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Food Service Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding food presentation, quality, cost control and food safety and sanitation.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for managing the process of purchasing, receiving, scheduling, inventory control and managing food production activities in compliance with Aramark Healthcare food production systems.
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing.
- Position requires a Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree plus culinary and food service management experience to include supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable of food production systems (Menu Builder for retail and patient services) desired.
- Candidates with experience running high volume kitchens in casual dinning restaurants preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skills. Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.