Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Supervises and coordinates the setting up, service and cleaning of kitchen area as directed by executive chef in accordance with ARAMARK standards and safety and sanitation policies. Operates the shift when executive chef is unavailable. Rotate between all culinary operations at Zephyr Cove Resort and Lake Tahoe Cruises which includes the kitchen, catering group events and work on the cruise vessles during general public and group events. Responsibilities:
- Checks appearance of service personnel for compliance with uniform requirements prior to assigning to work stations.
- Directs Line Service Workers in daily routine seeing that procedures and directions of management are carried out.
- Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical.
- Instructs Line Service Workers on proper serving methods, portions and utensils as directed by management.
- Sets up and participates daily in taste panel prior to each meal.
- Sees that menu board is prepared and proper terms are used for all food items.
- Directs Line Service Workers in break-down and cleaning of various stations.
- Assigns and monitors amount of time taken by service personnel for meal breaks.
- Trains employees.
- Obtains accurate employee meal count for each meal and reports figure to Manager on duty.
- Should be capable of assuming responsibility for a short period of time without a manager present.
- Inspects all areas and locks secured areas at the end of shift.
- Creates and maintains cleaning checklist.
- Creates schedules.
- Maintains accurate payroll records.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Trains new employees and assists in training and development of staff.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- AOS/BS in Culinary Arts or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years of industry & culinary management experience in high volume food service and restaurant operations.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service
- Experienced and proficient in the latest sanitation and HACCP standards.
- Ability to control cost - food & labor
- Understanding, support and development of sustainable cuisine
- Experience in demonstration cooking
- Menu writing and development ability
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.