Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
The Chef Manager
is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food. Essential Functions:
- Leadership - Ensure food offerings connect to the Executional Framework. Ensure consistent standards and techniques are applied to the preparation and presentation of food items. Manages and trains kitchen employees. Coach employees by creating shared understanding about what to be achieve and how it is to be achieved. Reward and recognize employees. Plan and execute daily huddles. Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data.
- Client Relationship - Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship. Communicate on-site consumer and local competitor insights.
- Financial Performance - Responsible for delivering food and labor targets.
- Productivity - Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through managing customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems, ensure only authorized suppliers are used. Full knowledge and implementation of the Food Framework. Estimate accurate food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with Aramark SAFE food, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Requires at least 2 years experience and 0-2 years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.