Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education:
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Chef
for the Aramark operation at Pacific University
in Forest Grove, OR. Job Summary:
Management position, responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs. Offer a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs. Oversee and manage culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Apply culinary techniques to food preparation and manage the final presentation and service of food. Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Provide food offerings that connect to the Executional Framework. Ensure consistent standards and techniques are applied to the preparation and presentation of food items. Manage and train kitchen employees. Coach employees by creating shared understanding about what to be achieve and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees. Plan and execute daily huddles. Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data.
- Client Relationship: Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Communicate on-site consumer and local competitor insights.
- Financial Performance: Responsible for delivering food and labor targets.
- Productivity: Comply with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through utilizing customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end-to-end supply chain and procurement process and systems to ensure only authorized suppliers are used. Full knowledge and implementation of the Aramark Food Framework. Forecast food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. Oversee proper equipment operation and maintenance.
Additional Position Duties/Responsibilities
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Aramark food, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Requires at least 2 years experience and prior culinary experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends Preferred Qualifications:
- Culinary degree
- Current ServSafe and TIPS/TABS certification
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.