At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Chemical Technician Specialist is responsible for all duties the supervisor deems necessary to ensure that all chemical and environmental functions at the site are being maintained according to Exelon Policy and standards as well as Local, State and Federal Agencies. This position operates under the direct guidance of the Chemical/Environmental Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create and submit under supervisor's direction all monthly, quarterly and annual Environmental reports, including but not limited to; Air, Water and Solid Waste Reports. Maintain all plans, permits and permit standards including but not limited to; Air, Water, Solid Waste, Permit by rules, ICP, and EMS plans and programs. Under supervisor direction, create and submit all in house chemical reports required by Exelon.
- Perform and maintain all environmental inspections associated with the Integrated Contingency Plan, Spill Prevention Control Countermeasures Plan, and the Emergency Management System.
- Perform and maintain all sampling requirements associated with the TPDES / NPDES permit, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, and any other plans that require sampling on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Under supervisor direction, coordinate all CEM reporting and sampling requirements including but not limited to: Quarterly Linearity Test, Calibration Gas Audits, Annual RATAs, EDRs, Gas and Oil Flow Meter Calibrations.
- Under supervisor direction, provide site support for any environmental related issues including but not limited to spills, waste management, emission upsets, and environmental rules guidance. Provide site support for all environmental inspections including but not limited to Air, Solid Waste, Water, ICP, SPCC, SWPPP, and CEM.
- Provide site environmental support during outages and major site projects and perform site environmental training as necessary to employees and contractors.
- Maintain all required certifications and qualifications including but not limited to; certified Opacity reader, Asbestos inspector, DOT, ICP, and Solid Waste management.
- Perform, interpret and provide guidance on all chemical analysis associated with all process waters including but not limited to; boiler, makeup, and waste process water.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot makeup water systems including, RO, De-mineralizer, and Polisher systems. Operate, maintain, calibrate and repair all on line chemistry equipment associated with the boilers and make up water systems. Operate, maintain and troubleshoot all laboratory analytical equipment.
- Perform annual and semi annual inspections on all major water process systems including but not limited to; condensate storage tanks, hot wells, and boiler drums.
- Under supervisor direction, work with outage manager and Operations manager to insure all boiler and condenser lay-up procedures are being properly performed.
- Ensure all corporate and site chemical and environmental procedures are being utilized, updated and functioning properly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology or related field OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a power plant chemistry discipline
- Successfully complete training requirements for the position including previously passing the TECH test
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental regulatory requirements for the electric power industry and Emergency Response
- Must maintain all safety qualifications including but not limited to; respirator fit test, forklift operations, and chemical handling
- Must be familiar with and able to conduct with US Coast Guard Spill Response drills
- Must have up-to-date environmental training in hazardous waste management, DOT (hazardous waste), and Emergency Response (First Responder and Incident Commander)
- Aptitude in the use of hand tools and chemistry laboratory equipment
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word and Excel
- Ability to climb ladders, lift, and work in warm, noisy and confined areas
- Environmental Chemistry experience
- Position reports to Texas Site Environmental Supervisor
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.