At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join Exelon Power, and you will be a part of the team responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil (natural gas, oil and coal), renewable (wind and solar), and hydroelectric fleet of power generating assets. With locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas, California, Iowa, and Massachusetts, our diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The EIS Chemical Technician Specialist is responsible for supporting all tests being performed at the EIS chemistry labs. Specific responsibilities include Organic and Analytical chemical testing of samples, logging in samples into the lab software, and analysis of test results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Ensure samples are logged into the laboratory information management system in a timely and accurate manner.
2) Uses advanced analytical instrumentation to analyze the chemistry of various samples. Perform testing of samples including but not limited to: transformer oils, PCB testing, lube oil, fuel oil and environmental samples as required. Uses fundamental chemistry knowledge to prepare standards, reagents and quality control samples for laboratory use in accordance with Exelon procedures.
3) Analyze test results for accuracy, highlight any issues or deficiencies, assembly data reports and communicate with peers and customers as directed.
4) Perform all other duties as assigned.
1) Associates Degree in chemistry OR
2) High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years chemistry technician experience
3) Knowledgeable in oil testing and analysis OR
4) Knowledgeable in environmental sample analysis
5) Aptitude in the use of chemistry laboratory instruments such as a GC, IC, ICP or FTIR
6) Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word and Excel
1) B. S. in Chemistry
Position reports to EIS Technical Supervisor
Qualifications- Position reports to Texas Site Environmental Supervisor
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.