The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Exploratory Science Center (ESC) Cambridge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving early discovery research. Co-located with Merck's Cambridge Innovation Hub, the ESC's disease-area-agnostic research agenda fosters hands-on collaboration between our scientists and external academic and biotech researchers to access and explore the most promising emerging science.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create a fast-paced, nimble and flexible environment of mutual respect, creativity, invention and teamwork. With access to Merck's proven global R&D organization, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced scientific leader to join the Merck Exploratory Science Center (ESC) in Cambridge, MA.
The successful candidate will become part of a creative and fast-paced team that will discover novel biologics targeting one of two areas:
- Interaction of the microbiome and host with the ultimate goal of delivering novel therapeutics to address significant unmet medical need in multiple therapeutic areas
- Novel prophylactic or therapeutic interventions to address significant unmet medical need in infectious disease.
Will lead cross-functional teams and contribute to the strategic direction of research programs including target ID and selection of appropriate therapeutic modalities.
Additionally, will be expected to mentor a small group of scientists and interact extensively with the scientific community and manage external collaborations to execute on the ESC strategy.Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Chemical Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum of (5) years Postdoctoral and/or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience in Metabolomics, Protein or Vaccine Sciences and/or Imaging
- Experience mentoring a group of scientists and leading research teams
- Experience managing external collaborations
- Ability to contribute to the strategic direction of research programs
- Effective communication skills
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Knowledge of host immune responses to vaccination and natural infection
- Research experience with the Microbiome
- Infectious Disease Research experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.