Monsanto has an immediate need for a summer intern with training in Chemical Engineering. The successful candidate for this role will contribute to a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers in the Chemical Process Technology organization to deliver technical solutions for new and existing Ag-chemical manufacture processes.
Dates for this summer internship, which is located at Monsanto Headquarters in St. Louis, MO are May 14 - August 3 of 2018. Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and optimization of new and existing chemical manufacturing processes for herbicides and pesticides.
- Provide technical support for existing manufacturing facilities.
- Contribute to the execution of laboratory and plant scale studies focused on the optimization of chemical manufacturing processes.
- Design, construct, and operate laboratory and pilot scale chemical processes.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers to assure the safe and effective operation of chemical production facilities.
- Optimize and develop computer-based chemical reaction models for existing or new processes.
- Interact with an established catalyst team to identify new catalyst formulations for chemical product synthesis.
- Interact with multiple world-wide business and process support/optimization teams to maximize the impact of the department's effort on the bottom-line.
- Work with formulations/regulatory personnel to insure that process changes have beneficial or minimal impact on final product.
- Provide input into new technologies/ideas for process improvement.
BS or MS level student in Chemical Engineering or other engineering majors
Possesses a keen interest in industrial chemical processes and the application of hard sciences to real world applications
Experience in chemical process modeling tools is preferred
Experience and interest in chemical process design, process optimization, and chemical process economics is preferred
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work under direction of a senior research engineer
The candidate needs to work effectively on interdisciplinary teams
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.