At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Functionally directs site M&T training groups and demonstrates mastery of skills and extensive subject matter knowledge in carrying out assignments associated with the development, implementation, evaluation, and modification of discipline related training programs. Acts as the site subject matter expert for their functional area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drives station and personnel performance improvement through the use of training. Develops, schedules, coordinates, and conducts performance-based training programs as required by user community in accordance with Exelons TSD model, department procedures, and with proper application of the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation phases.
- Conducts counseling sessions for trainees, evaluates the results, and recommends/develops individualized training programs.
- Assures the training programs are maintained current and incorporate information gained from INPO Significant Operating Experience Reports and Exelon NERs, NRC Circulars, Bulletins, and Information Notices, plant design change and backfit information, plant procedure changes and revisions, new regulations, and training effectiveness reports.
- Participates in NRC, INPO and management audits, and prepares responses to audit findings.
- Supports station and fleet in the areas of business initiatives, project management, refuel outage support, GSEP duties and special projects. Maintains knowledge of plant operations, disciplinary skills and techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop and conduct effective, high quality training.
- Coordinates the efforts of instructors in the development and conduct of training and provides expertise in the implementation of the Training Systems Development process by directing and counseling instructors and other staff as assigned by the manager.
- Associates degree in science/engineering or education/training
-5+ years of technical background
-10+ years of related industry experience
-3+ years in training/education
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors degree in science/engineering or education/training
-3+ years supervisory experience
-8+ years of commercial nuclear power plant training experience
-8+years of technical background
-4+ years in training/education
- Knowledge of and experience with the systematic approach to training (SAT)
- Responsible for course/program activities related to assigned subject matter area. Provides direction to trainees, subject matter experts, support personnel and vendors/contractors. Provides project leadership as assigned. Provides functional supervision in training environments in accordance with classroom management standards. Serves as the site SME for their functional area's curriculum in EM/MM/I&C/Engineering or other specified technical training area.
- Assists M&T Training Manager in establishing department goals, and cost estimates that result in budgeted activities for the assigned area including specific project or subject matter areas as assigned. Indirectly responsible for significant financial impacts related to course/program validity and subsequent plant/employee.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster