Responsible for overseeing a team ofchemists and chemistry technicians and the development, implementation, and execution of chemistry programs and their associated technologies. The responsibilities of this position are to develop employees in the skills associated with the development, implementation and execution of analytical chemistry programs and radiological environmental monitoring program (REMP).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversees the Exelon Industrial Services (EIS) chemistry team.
- Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
- Communicates with all levels within the organization and works with management to implement new programs for the fleet.
- Automation of testing techniques and data reporting.
- Interpret data and support the team technically.
- Support and/or lead any special projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in related discipline with 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associated Degree with 8+ years professional experience and 3+ years exempt-level experience OR
- HS Diploma with 10+ years professional experience and 5+ years exempt-level experience OR
- Minimum 8 years professional experience with 2+ years FLS experience
- Experience in Power Plant Operations, maintenance or field operations
- Effective skills in strategic planning, organizing and resource management/utilization
- Strong oral communication and negotiating skills. ; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization
- Excellent business skills in the areas of project management, budget development and management, work planning and scheduling and problem solving/analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience as a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple issues/projects with conflicting priorities
- Ability to travel to various locations
- Proficient computer skills.
- MS or MBA
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.