Cherry Picker/Forklift Operator
Company: Rite Aid
Location: Aberdeen, Maryland
Posted: December 05, 2017
Reference ID: 91721
The primary purpose of this position is to operate the electrical powered industrial truck to move pallets and material in the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Drive electrical powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as a forklift, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment or materials in the distribution center.
2. Position fork over/under/around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials to transport to a designated area.
3. Unload and stack pallets, boxes, or materials by raising and lowering lifting device.
4. Use scanner to scan boxes.
5. Manually stack boxes that fall off of the pallet.
6. Conduct safety sweep.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a regular basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes is helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires a valid license to operate powered material handling equipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.