As an Architect you will own and lead software architecture and development for our Linux and Virtualization team. In this role you will be associated with upstream Linux (preferably kernel) development and high performance computing. Our product roadmap is an incredibly fun ride if you enjoy challenging problems. You must value simplicity, lightness, and streamlining to be a successful developer for this team. You must have experience with distributed systems that scale well and have participated on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance.
You will be expected to learn new programming languages, use different open source solutions and demonstrate the ability to drive innovation against and with standard technical precepts.
• 10 years of software design and development experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments.
• In-depth knowledge and product development experience of working on one or more layers (Layer 3 through Layer7) of the networking stack
• Working experience on data plane forwarding and/or control-plane configuration/signaling
• Familiarity with OpenFlow and SDN technologies
• Familiarity with VXLAN and NVGRE
• Understanding and experience of Routing and MPLS protocols
• Understanding and experience of L4 to L7 services (like Load balancing, Firewall, Application Firewall, IPSec VPN, NAT, IPv6, remote access and various tunneling protocols) architectures and algorithms
• Knowledge of server virtualization technologies like KVM and Xen
• Demonstrates advanced experience with C, C or Java (preferred) as well as strong experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell, etc.
• Strong understanding of virtual machine technologies, networking and storage systems.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• A background in developing large scale compute or storage products a strong plus.
• Advanced understanding of cluster architecture a strong plus.
• Strong Database knowledge
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.