PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
The Office of the Chief Data Officer is charged with being the voice of data and generally representing data as a strategic business asset. The primary role of this organization is to champion the use of data and information across the firm, and drive changes and improvements in data related operations. This office will help to enable the business, as well as provide insights related to attendant risks.
Significant effort will be dedicated to determining PwC data related needs, and developing proposed solutions. The Chief Data Officer team identifies where, when, how, and why the business uses data, and transforms it into information that serves clients.
Strategic Projects and Governance manages individual projects and initiatives largely using Advisory consultant resources and functions as relationship managers for stakeholders. This group also is responsible for the creation of data-related policies, standards, and processes. Additionally, this group develops metrics and key performance indicators used to improve efficiency within CDO, as well as communicate Return on Investment to PwC leadership.
Strategic Projects and Governance develops data-related policies and works with Lines of Service and Internal Firm Services to develop compliance management processes. They develop data-related standards and processes and function as first-level POC for PwC global/network interface and coordination. They manage overall business alignment and stakeholder management as well as develop and manage data steward program. Strategic Projects and Governance leads the development of Enterprise-wide data related training and manages overall CDO communications program.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of, and/or success in roles involving, the use of technology related to data and information, emphasizing the following areas:
- Data and information governance and management;
- Data protection and information risk management;
- Knowledge management; and,
- Information lifecycle management.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success in roles involving knowledge identifying industry-leading practices relating to data and information governance and management, preferably for a global network of professional consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Documenting functional and technical requirements that reflect identified business issues or problems to-be solved;
- Researching, documenting and articulating research results;
- Interviewing stakeholders, gathering data and summarizing results;
- Developing project plans and templates, including the identification of project phases;
- Analyzing project schedules and performing project plan maintenance to incorporate updates and changes to the master project plan;
- Preparing reports and presentations at project and executive levels;
- Analyzing projects to track issues, risks, dependencies, milestones, cost and progress against agreed plans and reviewing project documentation for accuracy;
- Utilizing effectively available support tools; and
- Staying abreast of emerging trends and relevant technologies, as well as seeking opportunities to implement new ideas.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.