Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
Reporting the CIO, the Chief Engineer, Information Technology is a highly impactful individual contributor role. As a strategic engineering thought leader and integral member of the corporate information technology (CIT) leadership team they will be charged driving operational and engineering excellence across all CIT teams globally.
Within Visa CIT we use a blend of packaged (both cloud and on-prem) and custom software to accomplish our objectives. Regardless of build or buy we apply the same engineering and customer experience bar. In many cases this requires us to invent our way around the limitations of packaged software such as re-skinning. We are specifically looking for a builder (software engineering) mindset not a package integrator or a creator of powerpoint slide. Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and educate on the operational and engineering excellence playbook
- Mentor domain architects within CIT pillars such as Client Systems
- Ensure there as an end to end long term architecture established for CIT
- Serve as the de-facto expert and leader across various Corporate IT disciplines including mobile, network, infrastructure, application, big data, cloud, virtualization, etc.
- Build strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influence staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise
- Works closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly baked-in in their technology domains
- Create and maintain enterprise standards applicable to all technologies in the portfolio
- Provide leadership to extend the organization s ability to optimize use of emerging technologies
- Stays current with enterprise technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Architect, design and help deploy tailor made technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment.
- Participates in management of customer satisfaction, best practices and benchmarking
- Assist in the evaluation of overall risk for IT systems and the data they contain and process, accounting for the people, processes, and technologies that provide security controls.
- Maintains oversight of the design and implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are included.
Technical skills include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline, required. Graduate or a PhD in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred
- 15+ years-experience in IT architecture with mastery of defining technical requirements across various domains such as: data, software design patterns, operating systems, networks, applications, etc.
- Experience working with geo-distributed team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations
- Executive presence; highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven track record building global teams in delivering large-scale enterprise class architecture and solutions; deep understanding of security architecture and frameworks
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Strategic thinker; visionary; innovative
- Experience in technology, ecommerce, retail and/or financial services industries
- Demonstrated ability to envision and integrate various enterprise technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that improves the productivity, scalability and reliability of enterprise apps at Visa.
- Creates enterprise architecture requirements and works across product and engineering teams to ensure delivery of said requirements.
- Proven ability to author strategic roadmaps and translate into execution plans to drive desired outcomes.
- Deep technical understanding of and experience with enterprise technologies including, but not limited to, software design patterns such as asynchronous -v- synchronous, loosely coupled / highly cohesive, infrastructure such as network and storage, data management such as structured and unstructured , data analysis/mining. Experience with Machine Learning would be a plus.
- Thought leader in the areas of hosted and cloud services, especially IAAS, PAAS, SAAS services, mobile, big data, data sciences and the related security implications and control approaches
- Ability to communicate clearly end effectively with the technical and business stakeholders.
- Convincingly articulates vision and strategy for complex technical undertakings.
- Ability to use personal influence and communications processes to align technology to business objectives.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make expert judgments in situations for which little to no precedent exists.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.