Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Chief Security Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications throughout the Issuer Processing platform remain secure. The role will be responsible for working with our Global Information Security team to ensure that the Issuer Processing platform conforms to disciplined, industry best practices for information security. This highly visible position will be front and center as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and change the way we apply technology across our systems. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional platforms, such as IBM Mainframe and HP NonStop infrastructure, and more modern deployments on "open" technology stacks.
As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Gaining an understanding of our Current State and Target State Architecture and then working to define a strategy for our technical direction around security for the Issuer Processing Platform.
- Gather and analyze requirements from product owners.
- Develop Security Architecture for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications that adhere to expected standards and discipline from a security posture.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Introduce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long-term direction.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- Foster development best practices within the team.
- Identify and drive process improvements.
- Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups.
- Work with our product organization to develop secure business requirements, develop the security architecture and integrate into our longer term platform strategy.
- Define solution level security architecture for project and work with Visa's Global Information Security team on reviews and conformance to Visa's security standards.
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information security space.
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university.
14+ years of experience architecting, designing and developing large scale security solutions utilizing a mixture of hardware and software technologies.
Experience building Security Architectures for Applications deployed on or with the following technologies:
- IBM Mainframe
- HP NonStop/Tandem
- Microsoft Windows
- SQL Server
- Mongo DB
- Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop)
- Working experience with Network Security.
- Experience as technical lead organizing and mentoring junior and intermediate level engineers/architects.
Working knowledge of Data Security Best Practices:
- At Rest
- In Flight
- In Use
- Expert level experience with encryption technologies and techniques.
- Ability to build Risk Models and analyze security weaknesses in complex technology deployments.
- Has experience working with product teams on specifying Secure Application Requirements.
- Experience with Payment Processing or Financial Services systems is considered a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.