Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description THE ORGANIZATION
Launched in 2015, Q 2 Solutions is a Joint Venture between IQVIA and Quest Diagnostics. Q 2 Solutions is an industry leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. The company helps biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights.
Our global laboratory network combines IQVIA's global scale, clinical trial expertise, and diverse therapeutic experience with Quest Diagnostics' operational, scientific and quality excellence, supply-chain network, and informatics.This unique combination of capabilities allows us to deliver greater innovation, quality and value for biopharmaceutical customers, and to help our customers bring new medicines to market faster.
We offer end-to-end lab services across the development continuum. Discover how we employ the newly integratedCentral Laboratories,Bioanalytical and ADME Laboratories,Anatomic Pathology,Genomics,Biomarkers,Precision Medicine,Companion Diagnostics, andVaccinetesting services to shape better outcomes for our customers' drug development programs. The joint venture was born out of a shared commitment to quality, customer service and - above all - helping bring new treatments to patientsROLE PROFILE
The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of human resources (HR), its practices, and operations in order to meet the needs of our constantly evolving business. The role of the CHRO is to build upon Q 2 Solutions' current people programs and service delivery strategies, enhancing organizational decision-making and approaches for securing growth on a business-wide scale. The CHRO will lead further development of the employee value proposition.
The CHRO role is a key member of the Executive Committee and is charged with collaborating with QuintilesIMS as well as Quest Diagnostics is to drive business synergies and economies of scale. This is an exciting role with the CHRO serving as a key executive partner and coach to the CEO and wider leadership team, facilitating strategic planning and initiatives, organizational design and change management. RESPONSIBILITIESLeadership/Supervisory Role
- The most prominent responsibility of the CHRO is a leadership role where he/she participates in long-range strategic planning in order to anticipate transformation through our Lab of the Future program, and therefore lead the effort to ensure appropriate talent acquisition, organizational efficiency, and cost effectiveness. The CHRO will also be responsible for taking the best attributes from both legacy parent companies to develop a progressive and industry leading culture within the joint venture.
- He/she oversees and is accountable for all activities of the human resources function. In his/her leadership position he/she provides overall leadership and guidance to HR functions by overseeing leadership development and training, strategic talent acquisition and career development.
- The CHRO is responsible for ensuring that the business's values are clearly understood at all levels of the business and ensuring alignment with employee behaviours that enable the realization of an engaging, high performance culture within the business.
- The CHRO ensures that the organizational design and rewards structure is reflective of a dynamic, highly competitive business environment.
- Where necessary, the CHRO also intervenes and mediates conflicts in a manner that is reflective of the business and that leads to appropriate resolution.
Training and Development
- The CHRO is responsible for formulating strategies that lead to quality and depth in the talent employed in the business. This is inclusive of leadership, employee development, and future business growth with a focus on talent, and business culture or company culture.
- He/she also develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans that meet the business's human capital needs. The CHRO is further tasked with developing and implementing comprehensive compensation and benefit strategies that are cost effective for the business. The CHRO functions as the strategic business advisor to the business executives and departmental heads in regard to key business and management issues.
- Oversees the launch and maintenance of the Leadership Development project globally.
- 'Operationalizes' performance management and feedback tools that support business strategies and values.
- Facilitates the succession planning process across the global functions
- Identifies 'rising stars' and ensures successions gaps are identified with pro-active planning.
- Fosters internal company transfers to support development action plans.
- Work with managers and employees in monitoring the progression of employees through the organization, providing career counseling and development planning when appropriate.
- Identifies regional training and development requirements by conducting needs analysis on organization results, job requirements, operational problems, company plans and forecasts, and current training problems.
- Oversee leadership, orientation, new manager, and interview and branding training.
- Manage processes to ensure that performance and pay/reward/recognition programs are appropriately linked.
- Develops and implements a strategic recruiting plan for critical positions which supports the business goals and growth plans.
- Utilize resources to ensure the recruitment of high quality talent is consistent with the desired company culture.
- Support Corporate-wide recruiting initiatives-champions the full utilization of people across the organization
- Ensure compliance with company equal opportunity policy.
- Collaboration is a critical competency to the role. Cleary the CHRO will interact with Q 2 Solutions executives, a global team geographically dispersed across the globe. The role will require someone who understands how to navigate matrix environments and complex stakeholder engagements.
- The role also requires an individual who can operate at executive levels with parent company executives, including the C-Suite and Direct Reports of both parent company CEOs. This collaboration will happen via the Q 2 Solutions Board of Directors as well as its Compensation Committee.
- The CHRO will also need to partner with the QuintilesIMS HR teams and CoEs on programs, initiatives and system implementation.
- Ensures HR processes and programs enhance and support customer initiatives.
- Provides pro-active employee relations guidance to resolve people issues and ensure the organization's compliance. Provide counsel and assistance with terminations.
- Implement company programs and policies that allow Q 2 Solutions to attract and retain employees and drive high productivity and engagement.
- Keep abreast of local and global legislation affecting HR practices and procedures, train management and monitor company policies accordingly to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate benefit, compensation and reward & recognition programs.
- Support company's HR communication efforts in all areas throughout the organization showing an awareness and sensitivity to cultural and grade level differences.
- Provide communication assistance to managers and executives to maximize employee understanding of company business goals, projects and policies.
- Set the standard for content of employee communication material including their distribution and timeliness.
- Drive performance management across the leadership team
- Facilitate goal setting and performance management expectations for the leadership team.
- Ensures common review date for all evaluations is in compliance with company standards and that these assessments and subsequent rankings differentiate performance.
- Continue to 'raise the bar' on performance standards.
- Act as the HR lead on mergers and acquisitions, serving as, or assisting respective field generalist with due diligence, serving on teams/committees, aiding in decision making, communications, etc.
- Work with appropriate generalist and leadership to ensure consistent employee communications, smooth integration and transition for affected employees.
- Spearhead the assimilation of newly acquired executives.
- Conduct talent assessment of newly acquired organizations.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MBA preferred.
- BA in Communications/HR or Business Administration or related field required.
- Knowledge of the principles of Human Resources management.
- Extensive knowledge of the core competencies in Employee Relations, Leadership Development and Recruitment.
- Global working experience due to living in, or exposure to, working in multiple countries.
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions.
- The Chief Human Resources Officer will also be abreast of the latest industry trends and best practices, ensuring optimal performance of the HR department, which in turn influences the performance of the various departments and the business at large. In this endeavour, the Chief Human Resources Officer plays an active role in industry events, seminars, and workshops
- Extensive Human Resources experience working in senior Human Resources positon in a global matrixed organization.
- Experience in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences would be advantageous
- Proven and successful experience delivering innovative HR programs within a fast paced, evolving, and wide organizational setting. The candidate must also have had success managing a human resources team through a program and all the way to its completion and attainment of objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience advising and influencing executives, providing insights that lead to key decision making within the business.
- Experience in policy formulating, development, and implementation of key HR strategies and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and general management experience and capabilities that enable him or her to effectively assess the internal business environment and deliver transformative change where necessary
- Displays and embodies team orientation, ability to develop, maintain and utilize relationships at all levels. Can work effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve common goals.
- Superior interpersonal, leadership, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, manages a project to completion, achieving the desired results in a cost efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Must be authorized to work in the appropriate country location
* Quintiles helped develop or commercialize 98 of the Top 100
best-selling products of 2015
* Quintiles has 36,000
employees conducting business in more than 100
* Quintiles was named to FORTUNE's World's Most Admired Companies®
* Quintiles was named as a 2016 World's Most Ethical Company®
by the Ethisphere Institute