HealthTrust (legally known as HealthTrust Purchasing Group, LP) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total cost management solutions, including supply chain solutions and a contract and service portfolio unparalleled in quality, scope and value. HealthTrust serves 1,350 acute care facilities and members in more than 15,000 other locations, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. JOB SUMMARY:
The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the HealthTrust clinical agenda. They serve as part of the executive leadership team, providing clinical input on the strategic direction of the organization and ensuring HealthTrust is prepared to support the membership as their organizations shift focus to a value based approach to healthcare delivery. They are responsible for working with clinical advisory boards and contracting teams to support a clinically driven and evidence based approach to contracting strategy for clinical sensitive products (physician preference items). They are also responsible for HealthTrust's clinical data strategy, overseeing the development and use of a clinical supply chain database and ensuring HealthTrust overall data strategy is designed to meet the needs of a clinical integrated supply chain.
The CMO is directly responsible for managing the physician services teams, including Medical Device Management, Clinical Research and Education, and the HealthTrust Physician Advisors program. Finally, the CMO oversees the clinical inSight Advisory solutions offerings which include Care Redesign (Clinical Data Solutions), Bundled Payment solutions, Physician engagement, and clinical data and analytics. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Leadership
- Provides strategic direction for HealthTrust clinical agenda.
- Serves as clinical leader for the organization providing support and education for other clinical leaders.
- Establishes the strategic direction for physician services programs to meet short team GPO and inSight advisory goals and deliver on long term goal of driving a clinically integrated approach to sourcing and contracting in the PPI space.
- Communicates the HealthTrust clinical vision so the department and employees understand how they are connected with the vision and values of the organization.
- Provides direct leadership, oversight and accountability for the operational effectiveness of the physician services program.
- Own and report on metrics to measure the impact of physician services on the national contracting work plan and utilization efforts for partner IDNs.
- Develop and implement standardized processes for including physician engagement and clinical evidence in clinically sensitive contracts. Work with GPO leadership to develop buy in to this process from relevant stakeholders within HealthTrust.
- Evangelize the clinical agenda throughout HealthTrust and with our membership
- Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data, make strategic recommendations, and execute a course of action.
- Provide leadership, education and career development direction to other leaders within the physician services team.
- Participates in GPO sales presentations, covering HealthTrust clinical processes, clinical data and analytics offerings, and PPI contracting and management strategies.
- Participates in and oversees member education and sales events including at national meetings to support inSight Advisory solutions sales.
- Manages clinical member's events such as collaboration events and cadaver labs.
- Responsible for physician services budget including planning process and holding teams accountable to the plan.
- Measuring and reporting on the ROI on physician services investments.
- Manage projects within scope, time and budget.
- Provides expense saving enhancement strategies.
- Support inSight advisory solutions leaders in growing their business to meeting budget expectations
- Working with clinical boards and contracting teams to develop strategies to optimize balance between savings and conversion challenges in the PPI space.
- Oversees HealthTrust's clinical data and analytics program
- Leaders clinical data team which includes AVP of Clinical Data and Analytics, VP of Clinical Consulting, COO and CTO of InVivoLink to develop clinical supply chain database, enabling the study of how medical device and pharmaceutical utilization impacts clinical outcomes.
- Creates external and internal customer confidence for Healthtrust constituents (including key physicians), committed to increasing customer satisfaction, and sets achievable customer expectations.
- Demonstrates responsibility for solving customer challenges, ensures commitments to customers are met by soliciting opinions and ideas from customers for improvements in products and services.
- Utilizes customer feedback for improvements in products and services.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as Operations, Clinical Excellence, and IT to ensure solutions are responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Participates in the Product Management and marketing processes as needed.
MD required, MBA, MMHC or other equivalent master's degree in business or healthcare administration is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a healthcare leadership role and 10 years of clinical experience. Subspecialty training in a procedural based specialty is preferred. Demonstrated experience in executive level interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a matrix environment. Prior physician leadership experience (group, practice or hospital level) is preferred.
License to practice medicine, board certification in subspecialty as appropriate.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom