Fort Walton Beach Medical Center Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32547 http://fwbmc.com/home/ Size of Hospital
: 257-beds Hospital Overview
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 257-bed hospital with a medical staff of over 200 physicians. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the University of Alabama (UAB) at Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. FWBMC also has a psychiatric treatment center, advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. FWBMC has been named _Top Performer on Key Quality Measures_(tm) by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America for the fourth year in a row.
FWBMC is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute of Northwest Florida, both located on Airport Road in Destin. We are also affiliated with Northwest Florida Heart Institute, Florida Institute of Neuroscience, and Northwest Florida Orthopedics.
For expecting mothers, FWBMC's highly skilled team of OB/GYNs and nurses provide the compassionate care you deserve, while private labor, delivery and recovery suites offer a safe, supportive and homelike environment. Our Couplet Care system provides one nurse to help you and your baby off to a happy, healthy start. And should your delivery become high risk, you'll be comforted to know that our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has neonatologists available 24/7. Hospital Services:
General Position Information
- 24/7 ED Coverage with 22 treatment rooms along with dedicated pediatric ER rooms
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- The Tri-County's Only Comprehensive Cardiovascular Program
- Level II NICU, 4 labor rooms and 12 recovery suites
- 12 Operating Rooms: 9 are general, 2 are dedicated heart and 1 is for cystoscopy
- 13-bed medical/surgical ICU
- 60% inpatient market share, 41% outpatient market share
- CMI 1.64
- ALOS of 4.5 days
- Meditech EMR
Reports directly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reports to: Division Chief Medical Officer Position Summary:
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. Major Responsibilities:
Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
#LI-MD2Qualifications: Education & Experience:
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10 years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required