Palms West Hospital & The Children's Hospital at Palms West Loxahatchee, FL http://palmswesthospital.com/ Size of Hospital
: 204-beds Hospital Overview
Palms West Hospital has provided healthcare excellence since 1986. We are a thriving, comprehensive, acute care hospital offering a wide range of specialty services. What truly makes Palms West Hospital special is our people; a team of compassionate, dedicated healthcare professionals working toward a central focus, our patients. We continue to grow and expand while offering the latest technological advances, patient safety initiatives and the best in healthcare to our patients.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus, our 204-bed facility offers top-quality care for a full complement of healthcare services. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs. We invite you to explore our website to view an overview of our services. We welcome you to contact us with specific questions or suggestions on how we can better serve you and your family. Quality healthcare and information you can trust - That's the winning combination of Palms West Hospital. Hospital Services:
General Position Information
- ~48,000 ED visits per year
- Dedicated Pediatric ER
- 47-bed pediatric and PICU beds
- Multiple Pediatric Sub-Specialty physicians on staff
- Primary Stroke Center Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- Accredited Imaging Center
- 54% inpatient market share, 34% outpatient market share
- CMI 1.44
- ALOS of 4.4 days
- Meditech EMR
Reports directly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reports to: Division Chief Medical Officer
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
cmoleadershipQualifications: Education & Experience:
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10 years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required