St. Lucie Medical Center and Raulerson Hospital Port St. Lucie, FL 34952
http://raulersonhospital.com/ Size of Hospital
: 229- beds (St. Lucie) and 100-beds (Raulerson) Hospital Overview
St. Lucie Medical Center is defined by the compassion of our highly-skilled caregivers. Our care team is passionate about providing personalized care and creating an extraordinary experience - for the patient and the caregivers. In fact, all leaders at our organization start their day by visiting patients to ensure they are getting what they need, when they need it.
We are especially proud of our award-winning Orthopedic & Spine Institute. It is like no other on the Treasure Coast. It is designed to feel more like an upscale hotel but offers the latest in technology and equipment as well as a team of experts dedicated to a faster recovery time.
Recently, we opened our newly expanded, child-friendly Emergency Department. This expansion was focused on improving patient's experience. We doubled the size to ensure that every patient has a private room. We know that when you are sick or injured, the last thing you want to do is share a room with a stranger.
We are proud to be part of the Treasure Coast Healthcare System which is an integrated system of hospitals, physician practices and medical practices that include: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, Raulerson Hospital and St. Lucie Medical Center. Together, we are dedicated to being the premiere healthcare provider in our community and are always focused on putting the patient first. Hospital Services:
General Position Information
- 35-bed Adult and child-friendly Emergency Department
- Primary Stroke Center
- Fast Track ER Services
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Comprehensive Heart program including Catheterization and Angioplasty/Stenting
- 35-bed, private room, Orthopedic Institute
- 22-bed Behavioral Healthcare Facility
- The Birthing Center offers labor and delivery services, post-partum care, etc.
Reports directly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reports to: Division Chief Medical Officer
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
Qualifications: Education & Experience:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10 years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom