Westside Regional Medical Center Plantation, FL 33324
http://westsideregional.com/ Size of Hospital
: 224 beds Hospital Overview
: At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida. Hospital Services:
- 2 ER locations - Plantation and Davie
- Full range of diagnostic modalities, medical and surgical interventional procedures, rehabilitation, preventative care and support for heart disorders
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Orthopedics and Spine Institute
The CMO leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; reviews quality performance with hospital leadership; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; facilitates hospital-wide medical staff integration; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. Primary Responsibilities:
• Serve as an active member of the Administrative Team.
• Champion delivery of quality care as a priority for the Medical Staff.
• Develop and coordinate systems/processes for controlling costs related to clinical resource utilization.
• As a part of the clinical resource utilization function, develop and provide ongoing oversight for hospitalist services.
• Develop and direct medical education programs for the benefit of the Hospital's Medical Staff and facility.
• Serve as a liaison between the Hospital and the Medical Staff. Represent the Hospital objectively and decisively in presenting matters of importance to the Medical Staff.
• Participate in all committees and activities appropriate for an active member of the Hospital's Medical Staff.
• Assist in the development and promotion of new products and services for the Hospital.
• Manage the functions of the Hospital's Medical Staff Office, including all aspects of staff appointment/reappointment, the management of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and departmental rules and regulations; oversight of Medical Staff departmental and committee functions; oversight of all processes for dealing with disruptive and impaired physicians, and the oversight of all credentialing matters for the Medical Staff. Duties also include the preparation of a Medical Staff newsletter, attendance at meetings of the Medical Executive Committee and
Hospital Board as an ex-officio member of each, and ongoing communications - verbal and written - with the Hospital's Medical Staff.
• Ensure that Medical Staff clinical practices followed within the Hospital comply with all local, State, Federal and other regulatory requirements as well as HCA and nationally recognized standards of care.
• Participate for the Hospital in community health-related activities and organizations. General Position Information
Reports directly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reports to: Division Chief Medical Officer
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
Qualifications: Education & Experience:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10 years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required