Digital transformation – is on the agenda of virtually every enterprise worldwide- is about reimagining and bringing together people, data, and processes to create value for customers and maintain a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. The Strategic, Enterprise and Cybersecurity (SEC) organization provides Segment leadership for Microsoft’s largest customers. Our mission is to lead Enterprise customers on their secure, digital transformation.
Chief of Staff – Strategic, Enterprise and Cybersecurity Group
The Chief of Staff enables the SEC organization to realize that mission by leading business strategy, management processes, and strategic initiatives. This senior leadership role serves as a key advisor to the VP of SEC. Working closely with the VP, the individual will represent SEC and achieve collaborative results across key business groups, segment communities, field segment leadership, partners, customers and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a seasoned, innovative professional with a passion for the Strategic, Enterprise and Cybersecurity business and proven operational excellence at scale.
This leader must understand the strategic and tactical requirements of the SEC business and leverage this knowledge to achieve exceptional business results. Effective communication to senior/executive management, customers and partners around the vision, value and offerings of the business will also be critical.
This individual must have a blend of outstanding strategic, technical, communications, and business skills to successfully support the VP of SEC.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive strategic alignment, decision making and management processes
• Partner with the SEC VP to maximize the effectiveness of that role
• Partner with VP and SEC LT to build and drive short and long-term team strategy
• Manage interactions for the office of the VP and serve as the proxy for the VP, as needed
• Ensure success of VP meetings, speaking engagements, field visits and customer interactions
• Interface with customers and government bodies regularly, representing VP, including handling communications, escalations and support of executive sponsorship
• Partner with the communications manager on strategy and content
• Participate actively in the SEC Leadership team, including providing strategic input to planning and execution
• Maintain partnerships with engineering teams, STU, OCP, Industry, Services and key SEC stakeholders
• Lead special strategic projects assigned by the VP
• Able to handle high-level, complex and time critical internal and external escalations across a broad range of topics.
• Strong interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, open and honest feedback and interaction
• Always proactive, forward thinking
Professional Qualifications include:
• 5+ years’ experience project/program management leadership including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, and/or human resources, and integration management
• 8+ years of proven management experience and results in a technology organization, with experience across multiple disciplines
• 5+ years of experience driving high performing teams to design, build, evaluate, support, and continuously improve global programs
• Demonstrated skills to influence and impact groups inside and outside of SEC
• Experience in global roles and international experience beneficial
• Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk
• Project/program management leadership including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, human resources, and integration management
• Experience working with customers, partners and field personnel, and ability to translate that experience into strategic insight that influences SEC vision and messages
• Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
• Ability to do domestic and international travel 30-40% of time and work physically in the Redmond office 4 to 5 days/week when not traveling.
Other characteristics preferred:
• Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.