Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Digital and Mobile Product Development organization (DMPD) has the mission of "Leading Visa into Digital Commerce for Everyone, Everywhere". The DMPD team is responsible for architecture, design and development of Visa's digital and mobile products, including Visa Checkout, Visa Token Services, Push Payments and Visa Digital Commerce App.
The Chief Engineer will act as the head technologist in Issuer Solutions and Push Payments division in Visa Digital and Mobile Product Development organization (DMPD). Candidates for this role will be a well-rounded technology leader who has in-depth understanding on the current trends and practices in broad technology and software engineering space. The role will have two major focuses: championing adoption of technology and engineering practices in Mobile Application development; and introducing development tools in improving engineering environment targeting in increasing team effectiveness.
The role is a self-organized technology leader with solid experience in Mobile Software design and implementation with skills cover both iOS and Android. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, strong desire to collaborate with others and willingness to roll up sleeve to code, test and debug issues are all required to make this role successful.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Head of Issuer Solution and Push Payments division of DMPD.
- Strategize technology direction in supporting mobile development and engineering development life cycle needs. Collaborate with product and engineering teams in creating technology roadmaps supporting product innovation, system scalability and platform evolution. Maintain the technology roadmap and proactively work with the program management and engineering teams in driving the technology roadmap adoption
- Work with the development teams and review their work products to ensure compliance of solution design with technology roadmap
- Work with operations and platform team to ensure engineering practices and tools are in place in supporting efficiency of mobile development lifecycle
- Perform proof of concepts and technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solution
- Act as the technology advisor to Head of the Issuer Solution division
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with minimum of twelve years of experience in systems and solution design, architecture, and development. MS degree desired
- Must have prior experience working as a technical lead or architect with focus of improving system scalability and engineering productivity
- Strong collaborator. Able to demonstrate the ability to work in a complex organization and be able to influence changes in the past organization while maintaining effective working relationship with other organizations
- Strong mobile development expertise. Able to demonstrate abilities in architecture, design and development of mobile apps in iOS and Android
- Must be a strong communicator and can articulate to management team on technology strategies and directions
- Strongly versed in software system design principles and must demonstrate a wide range of Architecture and Engineering experiences including many of the areas of Security, NFC, Mobile, Performance, Scalability, API gateway, Messaging, Authentication, and oAuth, Java, RDMS and noSQL systems
- Must have working experience in high volume and large scale distributed systems
- Experience in building high volume consumer facing systems and/or Payments, ecommerce systems is a strong plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.