Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world's most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of "Unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce". The DPD architecture team is responsible for the architecture strategy and design of Visa's data and information products, including Data Platform, Risk and Authorization, Loyalty and Commercial products.
As a Chief Systems Architect for Data platform, you will strategize, define, develop and manage architecture and solutions. You will act as a technical expert and leader providing guidance and support to development teams. Superior organization, written communication and verbal communication skills are required.
- Drives the architecture for key cross team / cross PD projects (via architecture/design documents and developing code key modules)
- Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code
- Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
- Provide leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture and development, 5 years with experience in Java/J2ee specific or .NET, is required
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Continuous delivery and Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
- A minimum of 3 years experience with Hadoop and related technologies is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience with RDBMS development (Oracle, DB2, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of NoSQL stores (e.g. HBASE and Cassandra) technologies is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.