Under the supervision of the of the Director of Pediatric and PICU, the Child Life Specialist is responsible for the planning, organizing, and conducting of Child Life programs for children and their families designed to support the developmental progression of the individual children as well as family during hospitalization.
Women's & Children's Hospital has been providing specialized healthcare services for women and children for over 30 years. Since its humble beginnings as a birthing hospital, it has since grown to become one of the state's leading healthcare institutions dedicated exclusively to the care of women and children. Because of the specialized team of medical professionals, advanced equipment and facilities, Women's & Children's Hospital has become a healthcare referral center for other hospitals and healthcare professionals throughout the Acadiana area. The hospital's multidisciplinary approach ensures that all of its patients receive the best and most thorough care possible
For more information about becoming a part of our premier team, apply today.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice. Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- And more!
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification by the Child Life Certifying Commission of the Child Life Council is required . CPR for healthcare provider through AHA upon hire
- Education: BS or BA in child life/child development/education/recreation or related therapeutic field.
- Experience: Minimum of one year pediatric experience
- Special Qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position.
The Child Life Specialist provides developmental support for children referred for Child Life Services
Plans and implements therapy programs based on physician order and in accordance with the professional Child Life standards
Provides parent education concerning child development and the impact of hospitalization
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom