Overview: Ab out Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The server/bartender position is vital to achieving excellent customer service in Chili's. They are responsible for following all the server/bartender guidelines set by Chili's and by ARAMARK. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Maintain a clean work station
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Utilize proper food handling procedures and food safety knowledge
- Maintain daily temperature logs
- Reports to property on time and in proper uniform.
- Checks with Manager for assigned dining room station, opening side work, and closing side work duties.
- Reports to line-up for review of the day's activities, groups in house, and menus.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains, and closes the restaurant or banquet functions ensuring that areas are stocked and cleaned.
- Responsible for using the correct portion controls when preparing and serving food items
- Must have product knowledge to effectively service the customer and answer questions about menu items
- Serve meals and beverage in accordance with Chili guidelines
- Properly set tables and booths
- Maintain a positive attitude, smile and greet customers as they approach the serving line
- Be polite with customers during the transaction and make sure they are satisfied with their order before helping the next customer
- Learn and accurately prepare the daily menu specials
- Daily use of correct PPE for the task assigned
- Prepare and package food items for the station (and date products as necessary)
- Prepare fresh condiments including lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc. for the line
- Assist co-workers in setting up and breaking down stations as designated by the manager
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, and cutting boards
- Separate and remove waste and place it in the appropriate receptacle
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by cart
- Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical MSDS book and its contents.
- Report all injuries immediately to your manager/supervisor
- Cross-train in other areas as required by your manager
- Work in other areas or departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
No direct supervisory responsibility. Work Environment:
- Inside kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions
- Chef Knives
- Other Cooking Equipment
- Other equipment as applicable
- Little or No Travel (>10%)
- MEDIUM: Frequent lifting and / or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Objects weighing more than 25 pounds require assistance through use of the buddy system.
- Bending: Constant
- Keying / Fingering: Constant
- Hearing: Constant
- Reaching: Constant
- Seeing: Constant
- Speaking: Constant
- Standing: Constant
- Walking: Constant
- Lifting: Constant
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to balance and carry multiple food and beverages to and from dining area
- Must be able to bend and/or reach under and around tables and booths for cleaning purposes
- Well-groomed and professional attire (follow ARAMARK standards for uniform and grooming that are stated in the employee handbook)
- 1 year banquet/wait staff experience
- Ability to carry at least 4 meals on a tray at any given time
- Bartending experience
- TIPS Certified (Required if serving alcohol)
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.