Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is currently seeking a Systems Architect responsible for the design, development and early implementations of innovative payment solutions for Chip, Contactless/NFC, Mobile, Wearables, Connected Cars, and any other emerging Things in the Internet of Things.
The mission of the Chip and EMV team is to provide technical design, development, consulting and implementation expertise to internal and external customers for Chip, Contactless/NFC, Mobile, and any other emerging products and technologies in the Internet of Things space: Wearables, Connected Cars, etc. The objectives of the Chip and EMV team include:
- Design, develop, test and maintain innovative secure payment solutions and services based on emerging technologies, product form factors, security and payment standards;
- Design, develop, test and maintain reference implementations and proofs of concept to validate new payment and security technologies, product form factors, specifications and standards;
- Design, develop, test and maintain applications that facilitate mass deployments of Mobile, Chip, Contactless/NFC, IoT payment technologies and products while ensuring security, reliability and interoperability in the field;
- Participate in industry activities representing and defending Visa's interests in Mobile, Chip, Contactless/NFC, IoT:
- Provide specialized technical support and training to business partners including Visa Regions and Clients as well as product vendors:
- Stay abreast of payment technology evolutions and undertake emerging product research, development and evaluation.
- The Chip and EMV team is part of Visa's Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) organization, DMPD is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. At DMPD, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web, wearables and other digital devices wherever you are â€" remote or proximity payment.
- Partner with Products teams, Information Security and other Business entities to perform functional requirements review and architecture design for Mobile, Chip, Contactless/NFC, IoT products and services
- Work with Products teams, Information Security and other Development teams to identify improvements and enhancements in security, performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability of Visa products and services specifications for Mobile, Chip, Contactless/NFC, IoT
- Architect, design, develop and implement reference implementations and proofs of concept to validate new payment and security technologies, product form factors, specifications and standards using expert industry knowledge and independent judgment
- Create, design, develop and showcase proofs of concept of innovative new payment and security technologies and product form factors using expert industry knowledge and independent judgment
- Provide guidelines and long term architecture strategy, and ensure compliance of the reference architecture and security requirements
- Engage in all phases of the development life-cycle, incl. bug resolution and production support, evaluate and implement solutions to meet business, technical and security requirements
- Actively participate, coordinate, provide input, support Visa as necessary on international standards bodies e.g. EMVCo, GlobalPlatform, NFC Forum
- Conducts analysis, identifies best practices and makes recommendations to senior management related to strategic initiatives
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems and/or products design, architecture, and development of products and services based on embedded software and secure hardware/firmware
- Minimum 5 years of designing/developing application and technically proficient in:
- Programming language: Java, C++, C#
- Formal language: B, Z, UML
- Form Factor: UICC, Embedded Secure Element, Smart Card, microSD, wearable
- Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Java Card
- APIs: J2ME, NFC Library, SIMAlliance Open Mobile
- Database: SQL
- Must have solid understanding on Agile methodology and have hands-on experience on completing software development under Agile process
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.