Kearny, New Jersey Shift:
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator is an hourly position reporting to the Operations Leader. The Continuous Improvement Coordinator is critical in assisting with the coordination of plant continuous improvement initiatives focused on sustained improvement of plant operations through use of waste elimination, lean manufacturing approaches, and employee involvement. The incumbent will assist with leading and facilitating temporary continuous improvement teams for the purpose of changing processes and procedures to:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- establish short and long term safety, quality, and productivity improvements;
- eliminate waste;
- Develop standard operating procedures, standard work, single point lessons, etc.
- Drive TPM implementation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- This role is responsible for leading the development and execution of TPM implementation plans to exceed the business objectives
- This role is responsible for providing overall coordination for the implementation of TPM
- Assist in leading and facilitating teams through Lean events including but not limited to: Kaizen events, 5S, Lean Daily Management, Waste Elimination, Managing for Daily Improvement, Visual Factory, Six Sigma projects and other similar processes.
- Assist with the development of event charters, solicit participation, and coordinate logistics for successful events
- Implement common processes and best demonstrated practices
- Educate and coach team members how to effectively execute lean processes and techniques.
- Use statistical metrics and data collection techniques to determine project opportunities and improvements.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate several events at the same time.
- Complete records and reports of event outcomes and follow-up on open items and success sustainment.
- Submit notifications of safety and equipment problems into SAP or other designated systems and ensure timely follow-up of resolutions.
- Coordinate follow up activities to drive accountability for completion of event commitments and open action items
- Participate in the layered audit process of lean events for sustained gains and provide feedback to process owners
- Participate in the layered audit process of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost boards and metrics and provide feedback to process owners
- Assist with CI communication and promotion efforts
- Perform other related duties as consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervisor.
- Assist and expand the use of six-sigma tools
- This position will also have responsibility for supporting Autonomous Maintenance (AM) / Focused Improvement (FI) / Planned Maintenance (PM) / Early Management (EM)/ kaizen Teams
- Maintain communications with other TPM locations and facilities in sharing "best practices" to drive results
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Self starter with ability to develop strategies in line with an overall business vision.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Must possess presentation and facilitation skills
- Must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid unrestrictive drivers license
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be proficient in SAP system
- Minitab experience preferred
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelors Degree or Associate degree preferred
- Green Belt Six Sigma preferred
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
This position requires:
- Ability to work off shifts occasionally
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 15 pounds
- Standing- frequently
- Sitting- continuously
- Walking - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination- continuously
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)- continuously
.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology