The role of the CI Manager on the Material Best Business Practices (MBBP) team is to work with the Material and Product Cost Analyst and Procurement team members to support the development of accurate product/part cost models in for Level 1 & 2 strategic categories.
The MBBP CI Project Manager will work with supplier CI teams to identify and implement process improvements to close out process and product gaps to support world class performance targets that impact part level cost and quality. Regular follow up and reporting within JCI and supplier organizations for each engagement is required. Expert level command of Lean and Six Sigma tools along with knowledge of product and production processes is required. Job Description:
- Lead process improvement projects within supplier's manufacturing, engineering and administration operations;
- Design, develop, and test integrated systems for managing industrial production processes to ensure company and client standards are met;
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials and utilities, in addition to determining the design, processes, and footprint to improve supplier performance;
- Apply Black Belt and lean manufacturing principles to complete cost reduction projects in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual savings;
- Prepare process plans to track project performance;
- Conduct MBBP gap analysis;
- Create and implement recovery plans;
- Use Six Sigma, Kaizen, VA/VE tools and techniques to measure, analyze, improve and control project processes.
- Utilize experience with value stream and/or process maps to develop and implement manufacturing processes;
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent degree, in Industrial Engineering or a related field, and 5 years of experience in a related engineering occupation; or, Master's degree, or foreign equivalent degree, in Industrial Engineering or a related field and 3 years of experience in a related engineering occupation.
- The position also requires experience with value stream and/or process maps to develop and implement manufacturing processes;
- 5 years of experience with lean manufacturing, including experience leading projects incorporating 5S and kanban methodologies
- Experience leading Kaizen events focused on improving manufacturing production processes resulting in costs reduction.
- Position also requires Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Position requires up to 30% of national and international travel.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.