At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Engineering Group!
The CIP Operations Program Manager role is to focus on strategic development of Critical Infrastructure Design of Microsoft’s Datacenters’, including managing requirements, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring high availability. The CIP Operations Program Manager will work closely with senior executives and key decision makers across MCIO to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and CE spectrum, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical Datacenters’ (DC). Possessing a wide range of Data Center Operations, Project Management, Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical knowledge will be crucial in your role of defining and developing the future strategy, standardizing and improving existing & future infrastructure designs, processes and CE operations. Key partnerships include, Datacenter Operations teams, to include both Regional and On-Site roles, DCx, GDCO program owners, and all groups affiliated with Microsoft Datacenters’ (Business & Property groups).
Responsibilities include defining Strategy, driving Standardization and Continuous Improvement projects through close partnerships across MCIO, Regional and local Datacenter Teams and Task Forces.
In the CIP Design Program Manager, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the IT, Logistics, and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical Datacenters (DCs). This role will be working directly with DCs across the worldwide Microsoft DC portfolio to define, plan, and implement a global program for End to End Staffing Workflow and Performance. You will drive this program to support facilities ranging from single large capacity sites/campuses to several smaller locations -- all built on the cutting edge of data center industry design and equipment!
Reporting to the CIP Design Team Lead in the Global Datacenter Operations Team, the core responsibilities of this role will include:
• Act as liaison between Operations and DCE
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of DC design and operations
• Effectively communicate with DC managers and staff to realize operational vision and needs.
• Participate in and/or facilitate design programing work sessions for DC projects prior to design kick off when needed.
• Participate in the design process and review of all ongoing DC projects and provide feedback regarding operational needs and requirements.
• Present design ideas to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life and incorporate feedback into design efforts
• Participate in and/or facilitate design post mortem sessions [Lessons Learned] for all DC projects at substantial completion and again one year later
• Develop operating standards and implementation approach to bring all DC into alignment with each other
• Lead efforts to implement and/or evolve Microsoft’s ongoing DC innovation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.