TEKsystems Network Engineer:Top Three Skills:
1) Cisco Networking Experience: Candidates must have hands on experience with Cisco Networking tools (route/switch) as they will be responsible for deploying, installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting LAN's for DHA sites around the world. Cisco is the base line technology for all of the sites.
2) Troubleshooting: Candidates must be able to troubleshoot complex issues that may arise related to network infrastructure. Candidates must be willing to work outside of the scope of their "job description" to ensure problem resolution is reached as quickly as possible
3) Foundry/Brocade/Juniper (preferred): Candidates should have hands on experience with Brocade, Foundry, or Juniper technologies. This is not a requirement as candidates will be able to learn the applicable skills needed during their time on the project. These technologies will come into play but will not make up a large majority of the candidates responsibilities.Job Description:
TEKsystems is currently seeking a Network Engineer to support one of their clients in Charleston, SC. This position will be supporting a SPAWAR contract and will require candidates to currently possess or be eligible for a Secret Clearance. Candidates will be required to travel 50% of the time. Travel will be CONUS and OCONUS.
Candidates will be supporting SPAWAR and the Defense Health Agency in efforts in the area of Military Health Systems (MHS) wired and wireless network survey, design, and installation. This person will assist team leads in evaluating and selecting systems based on multiple sets of standards and requirements for multiple sites worldwide.Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be expected to perform certain tasks including but not limited to
- Surveying existing networks
- Documenting designs, integrating the design into existing or new infrastructures
- Completing deliverables
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Providing deployment support during installations
- Providing follow-on support
Candidates should have recent hands on experience with the following:
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands on experience with Cisco LAN equipment (required)
- Experience with Foundry/Brocade and/or Juniper technologies (preferred)
- Experience with Cisco and Aruba enterprise wireless solutions (preferred)
Who is the Internal/External Customer:
- Candidates will be supporting a SPAWAR program based in Charleston, SC. Candidates will be responsible for traveling to DHA/MHS sites around the world in order to survey/design/install/upgrade IT equipment related to the sites network (LAN/WAN).
- Candidates will be required to travel 50% of the time. Travel will include sites to CONUS and OCONUS locals (no travel to the Middle East or hostile territory will be required). Travel will be scheduled months in advanced and candidate will know what their schedules will look like long before the travel occurs. Most sites will be able to be completed in 1-2 weeks. The maximum amount of time on the road will be ~30 days which will occur for the larger hospitals.
SPAWARImpact to the Internal/External Customer:
- The LAN upgrade team is responsible for ensuring that MHS/DHA and the Navy Hospital system have the most advanced and cutting edge technical solutions available. The high functionality of the MHS/DHA enterprise is imperative to the safety of the American War Fighter. This team is making it possible for doctors and medical staff to access information as quickly as possible by ensuring that the MHS/DHA LAN technology is operating at the highest levels of functionality. The speed at which medical personnel are able to access medical information directly affects their ability to save lives. The Network Engineer will play an integral role in ensuring that the LAN infrastructure is operating at its highest functional capacity.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Our client runs the risk of allowing the current LAN infrastructure to falter or fail without proper support. If this program falls behind schedule the American War Fighter will not be able to receive the cutting edge support while receiving treatment in MHS/DHA facilities. This resource will ensure that our client has the resources needed to ensure the safety of our soldiers in the field of battle.
- This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to directly support the Department of Defense in Charleston, SC. This is a cutting edge program that has received its funding and is forecasted as a long term program. This position will give candidates the opportunity to work with cutting edge networking tools. This is also a great opportunity to support a small company in Charleston with a growing presence in the local market.
Candidates must have the following:
Project Stage/Lifecycle Info:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be a detail oriented and well organized self-starter with the ability to perform several tasks with limited to no supervision
- Must be flexible, able to perform a variety of duties, and multi-task
- Ability to maintain a balance of business and technical perspectives
- Good listening skills and ability to innovate and brainstorm around business ideas and needs
- Good judgment, creativity and strategic thinking skills
On GoingTechnical Environment:
Cisco/Aruba EnterpriseTravel Details:
50%About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.