The Windows Services System Integration Engineer provides implementation, technical support and administration for Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including application system management, Citrix, File Transfer, application server implementation services, and support for companywide initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine application and infrastructure needs for project or initiative.
* Develop an implementation plan for all related activities, including contingency plans.
* Support business restructuring activities, including new sites and relocations either remotely or on-site as required.
* Install, configure and document new software and services as dictated by the project.
* Coordinate project activities with project managers and other team members.
* Create training materials and presentations for the support organization as needed.
* Provide second and third level support and maintenance of the Windows Server environment and all related technologies, including virtualization, hardware, software, printers and storage.
* Serve as tier 3 escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support.
* Identify, diagnose and correct problems related to the operating system, software, utilities and applications.
* Install, configure, and maintain operating system software and third party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
* Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
* Research new technologies for implementation across the enterprise.
* Monitor group incident and request queues, alert notices and other work request streams for new notifications.
* Enter/track/update case/changes in ticket management system
* Provide tier 3 support for team members and other support teams
* Mentor fellow team members
* After-hours support rotation and implementation as needed
- 30%Support (break/fix problem diagnosis)
- 30% Request Management (add/move change)
- 40% Projects
Knowledge and skills:
- Enterprise or large scale infrastructure experience (100+ servers/virtual machines)
- Knowledge of Citrix, PVS, MCM, Netscalers, FTP/File Transfer, Group policy, NTFS, PowerShell
- Perspective and experience with enterprise infrastructure and technology inter-dependencies
- Participate in application design, capacity planning and assist with the tracking of actual utilization and forecasted utilization.
- Setup and Apply SCOM monitors for Citrix and Business Applications
- Assist Application, Database and System Administrators with application/system specific disaster recovery implementation and testing.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Project planning and coordination. Develop Work Plans, coordinate the activities of project resources and other related IT groups on projects.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to resolve complex issues while retaining a strong customer service focus
- Team player with the ability to adjust to disparate personalities and work well within a diverse organization.
- Time management skills and the ability to handle multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.