The Client and Mobility Architect has responsibility for architecture, design, and implementation of client and mobile device solutions supporting delivery the applications and data. Responsibilities also include infrastructure architecture supporting hosted virtual desktops, application and desktop streaming, client image and device management, packaging and deployment, and the App Store.
• Responsible for the ownership in the design, development and implementation of client and mobility model.
• Leads the architecture and adoption of client and mobility, with the development of processes and support models.
• Functions as a technical architect on infrastructure projects pertaining to the design, development, and management of a Citrix and thin-client computing technology environment, including mobility engineering and support, and client imaging and management solutions.
• Architects client and mobility solutions for secure external access utilizing application delivery controllers and security appliances.
• Architects and participates in the development and implementation of packaged application solutions and the deployment across the enterprise.
• Functions as a senior supporting member in the development of processes, documentation and monitoring of mobile client solutions including mobile device management, mobile application management, published applications, client streaming, and a hosted virtual desktop infrastructure.
• Architects and performs infrastructure service implementations related to client and mobility, performance analysis and optimization, monitoring, problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation.
• Participates in ensuring mobility technologies are adequately tested and integrated with infrastructure and application services.
• Participates in SIPOC and business requirement gathering sessions, gathers user data requirements, understand the user requirements and assist in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to client and mobility.
• Provides quality assurance for respective projects.
• Identifies and evaluates future technologies for applicable solutions.
• Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation and meets the SLA's set with customers for the services provided.
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent applicable technical work experience
• Required: 3+ years of applied experience managing Citrix in a large scale enterprise, including designing, maintaining, and administering
• Required: 3+ years of applied experience with a progressive level of responsibility in Microsoft server technologies, including Windows 2008 server
• Required: 1+ years of applied experience in Citrix load balancing, resource management, client image development and deployment
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.