At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Design Engineering
- Defend the plant design and licensing basis.
Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant’s physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues.
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
-B.S. in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
-Minimum 2 years engineering experience
-Engineer in training certification
-Good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent Technical degree
- Minimum of 6 years experience
- 6 or more years' solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Individual Contributor competencies, with demonstration of FLS competencies
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review.
- Performs engineering tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others.
- Higher level of accountability
Salary grade may be E02 or E03 depending on candidate selected and/or possible changes in scope of job.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.