Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide high quality engineering services for the production plant in Soda Springs, ID. As a Civil/Structural Project Engineer you will be leading capital projects for the sustainability and improvement of the facility.
This is an exciting and challenging role that allows you to manage projects from inception to completion including support of the project after startup. Projects range in many different fields including: mining, environmental, process, and utilities. You will be working with a broad local team of engineers of different disciplines, manufacturing personnel, and the purchasing team to collaborate and complete all projects in a timely, safe, and cost effective manner. Responsibilities:
- Develop ideas for cost saving, safety and reliability of the equipment and process. Design, plan and execute engineering projects to meet business needs.
- Contractor selection, evaluation and oversight.
- Occasionally willing to work an alternate work schedule to complete projects as needed.
- Support and execute projects identified from production needs, safety concerns and environmental improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all documentation of the process and equipment is kept up to date.
- E nsure all projects are completed within cost estimates and timelines. Communicate effectively with Monsanto leaders and project stakeholders.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to shifting priorities and project directions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple shareholders to accomplish common goals
- Previous experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
- 3+ years relevant project engineering/management experience
- Strong background in structural and concrete design, applicable codes and construction
- SAP and CAD software experience
Monsanto provides employees with competitive wages and a complete package of benefits, which includes: a 401(k) plan, medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance, parental leave and other work/life resources.
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.