This position supports Metlife’s core values of putting the customer first, being the best, making things easier and succeeding together by providing a caring representative of Metlife to guide the customer through the claim process while working together on process improvements with the customer at the center of all our decisions.
- Interviews insureds, claimants and other parties to determine the facts of the claim.
- Creates and documents claims file to comply with company guidelines and state regulations.
- Reviews factual information to determine coverage and/or liability of all parties to the claim.
- Determines value of the claim considering depreciation and actual cash value, negotiates and commits to the settlement, and moves claim to closure.
- Resolves complaints, and participates in arbitration and/or grievance procedures.
- Recommends subrogation and/or SIU referral. Manages pending claims to meet company quality criteria. Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- 2-5 yrs. related business experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Flexibility to manage varying volume and schedule
- Ability to obtain adjusters license after employeed
- Position may require longer work hours (some Saturdays and some holidays)
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent business experience
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.