Want to help people? Then you belong here.
We need exceptional people to help our customers prepare, protect, and prevail. With 205 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. Here's a quick overview:
- Group Benefits - Assist employees coping with disability due to injury or illness
- Customer Care
- Leave Management
- Absence Management
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Workers' Compensation - Help injured employees return to work
We are currently building a talent pipeline for Maryland residents that are interested in pursuing a career in Workers' Compensation! At The Hartford, you will receive competitive pay, paid training and career development opportunities. Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit.
What does a Claims job entail? As a Hartford Claims employee, you will:
Qualifications: What are we looking for?
- Build Strong Partnerships - Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, and other business partners. Build credibility and gain trust while operating with integrity
- Investigate Claim Facts - Investigate and manage claim files
- Deliver Outcomes - Achieve results in support of The Hartford's industry-leading claims standards
- Learn and Grow - Receive technical training to master your role, and develop leadership competencies to build a career
We are currently accepting applications for future business needs. Qualified candidates should:
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Have a passion for customer service.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to advance their career and continuously improve.
- Be willing to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Have obtained a Bachelor's Degree prior to their start date.
- Reside in the state of Maryland. A remote work option is available, but this candidate must live in the state of Maryland based on state requirements.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverage's, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 20,000 employees located throughout the country.
Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation's most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America's largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy.
The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value.
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford's recognition. More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401-K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
Pre-Employment Assessment : Once you've applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **