Job Location: United States : New York : Oriskany
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Operations group is a diverse team of professionals responsible for ensuring world class internal and external customer experience. This role is with MetLife’s Group Life Claims department and will be responsible for reviewing Group Life claims submissions for completeness and accuracy, recording data in the Group Life Claims system for adjudication and determining if claim documentation will need to be reviewed by a Claim Examiner. This individual will be responding to written and/or telephone inquiries timely
- Respond to telephone inquiries from policyholders, beneficiaries, attorneys and families of deceased employees.
- Ability to service incoming calls, gathering notice of death claim information. Provide guidance to beneficiaries on claim processes and resolve customer issues swiftly and thoroughly.
- Completes all work within turnaround time to meet department and customer objectives.
- Maintain production and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations for Group life claims by sending appropriate notifications.
- Perform support functions as needed.
- Provide high quality, timely service to policyholders, beneficiaries, attorneys, families of deceased employees and administration; resolve customer issues swiftly and thoroughly by offering recommendations and solutions.
- Mentor Reviewers as needed
- Strong data entry skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities between multiple teams.
- Consistently demonstrates the MetLife values.
- Plans and organizes time and priorities to achieve business results.
- Uses business knowledge to make the best decisions for MetLife and its customers.
- Shows commitment to team objectives and assists teammates with work.
- Presents information in a clear and organized manner.
- PC knowledge required.
- Ability to work periodic overtime required; can include weekends.
- Confidentiality required.
- Ability to manage workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service.
- Hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Flexibility to cover shifts in between. A few times a month will need to work up till 8pm
- Desire, willingness and ability to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment.
College Degree Preferred
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41161