Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
A scalable learning environment focused on helping claim professionals make more consistent, accurate and quality claim decisions while providing emerging claim leaders the skills required for driving business results.
- Oversee development and delivery of relevant and innovative Global Claims curriculum
- Ensure learning solutions are driven by and responsive to priority business needs
- Implement and manage a ‘right resource, with right skills, at right time’ training approach
- Utilize cost effective resources to manage all program administration, coordination and metrics
- Introduce a scalable, ‘one-stop shop’ for Global Claims COE content and curriculum
- Working autonomously, leads the strategic design, development and implementation of the “Global Claims Academy” that spans the broader Global Claims Organization
- Defines, aligns and refines Claims Academy operating model structure and scope as required (e.g. Governance, Infrastructure, Deliver and Administration Model, etc.) in alignment with the business direction but end-learner focused
- Focuses on the attraction, development, and retention (or rotation to/from operations) of Claims Academy associates (e.g. Adjunct Business Trainers, project-based work)
- Establishes key metrics, reporting, and analytics aligned with desired Claims Academy outcomes
- Conducts continuous research within and external to MetLife analyzing and recommending ‘best in class’ programs, practices and policies to apply to Claims Academy
- Manages critical relationships with consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership
- Develops detailed project plans, schedules, resource estimates and status reports
- Works, manages and aligns resources and tasks in a matrix environment
- Runs project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Provides monthly and quarterly updates to senior leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of new or revised procedures, processes, and/or initiatives specific to the Claims Academy through defined committees (e.g. Academy Board, Operating Committee)
- Maintains close alignment with Global L&D initiatives and offerings
- Partner with other enabling functions (i.e. IT for Learning Technologies; HR for competency/career pathing) as applicable
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met
- Provides information and/or training to end users to help resolve inquiries related to assigned processes, procedures, and/or initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Leads and motivates project team members, in a non-direct matrix environment, that span the entire organization and provides guidance and direction to lower level associates and staff members
Typical Experience and Key Competencies
- Experience in building and/or developing a strong learning culture in a large financial services/claims organization
- Learning operational experience (people, process, technology elements)
- Strong client relationship skills
- Advanced knowledge of the supported business functions, processes/procedures, workflow, systems, and transactions
- 8 - 10+ Years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15%
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51781
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.