Within MetLife Auto & Home® you get to leverage our industry-leading tools while working as a collaborative team member. Careers in our Claim Department enable you to make a difference and realize your potential as you focus on providing solutions for our customers when they need them most. Job Location
United States: St. Louis, MO Job Description
As an Auto Claims Adjuster in our Auto Investigation Unit, you will be rewarded everyday by knowing you're making a difference in our customers' lives. You will gain exposure to the insurance industry, while investigating, evaluating and resolving auto liability claims. You will play a key role in resolving individual cases to get our customers back on the road as efficiently and quickly, as possible.
From the beginning, you will be supported. We ensure all new hires start in a comprehensive training program to learn the fundamentals of Auto claims Adjusting from day one. From there, you are surrounded and supported by strong leaders and experienced team members. As a Claims Adjuster, you have an opportunity to make an impact on our customer's day in and day out, while expanding in your own career.
Are you customer-service focused, detailed oriented and enjoy working in a team environment? Do you have strong negotiation skills, and time-management capabilities? If yes, then we're looking for you! Functional Responsibilities:
- Investigate claims by interviewing all involved parties and reviewing factual information.
- Use insight gained to determine coverage and/or liability of all parties to claim.
- Use industry knowledge and negotiation skills to attain the best possible outcome for the customer.
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout.
- Document claims file to comply with company guidelines and state regulations.
- Review factual information to determine coverage and/or liability of all parties to the claim. Manage pending claims to meet company quality criteria.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 + years related business experience
- Adjuster licensing will be required in some states Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 08M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.