We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
The Claims Business Manager II will perform sophisticated, comprehensive claims operation data analysis requiring advanced understanding of the business, analytical skills and departmental relationships. The position will be responsible for a functional area or entire line of business and report to a Claims Business Manager, Home Office Director or Vice President. The position will work closely with Sr. field leaders and executive management in own department to set and implement strategy. May have supervisory responsibilities for lower level Claims Business team members. Essential Job Functions
- Sophisticated Analysis, trending and forecasting of business data utilizing advanced knowledge of Excel, involving use of multiple reporting platforms/data sources and requiring an advanced business understanding of financial, indemnity, expenses, objectives, key performance indicators, personnel, operations & strategic planning as well as an understanding of interdepartmental relationships.
- Utilizes data from multiple sources to develop complex reporting for Functional Area Leaders/Directors and LOB Leadership from multiple points of view.
- Uses logic and reasoning to recognize complex case issues.
- Offers perspectives and articulates strategies and alternatives to reach the desired resolution Responsible for individually led projects.
- May act as project team leader on larger projects.
- May have supervisory and oversight responsibilities for lower level Claims Business team members.
- Four-year college degree.
- Completion of, or actively pursuing, a major insurance or financial designation.
External candidates should have a minimum of eight years of prior industry or related experience. Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and reporting skills
- Prior management experience preferred
- Technically advanced in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and competent in Finance and Claims Reporting Systems
- Advanced understanding of the business and how the organizational goals impact each stakeholder
A little about us: