Claim File Management (40%)
- Plan, recommend, reserve and execute file strategies including investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of assigned claims, in a manner consistent with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements
- Properly assess the exposure of assigned claims. Plan and organize, establish priorities, anticipate issues, determine realistic completion dates, know and communicate the status of assignments, appropriately manage vendors.
- Develop advanced functional knowledge to appropriately interpret and apply insurance coverage. Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise.
- Maintain current knowledge of claim loss cost management initiatives, and utilize them appropriately and in a manner consistent with company practices and procedures
- Identify and properly mitigation, subrogation, and other recovery opportunities
Customer Service (30%)
- Maintain dedication to meeting or exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Obtain first-hand customer information; use it for improvements in products and services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect. Demonstrate diplomacy and tact to effectively avoid or diffuse high-tension situations.
Business Acumen and Technical Expertise (25%)
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions; make sound decisions based upon mixture of analysis, wisdom experience and judgment.
- Accurately resolve complex coverage and compensability issues.
- Possess the ability to investigate, evaluate and negotiate highly complex claims to appropriate disposition
- Possess superior analytical and critical thinking skills; expert knowledge of complex medical terms, excellent time management abilities
- Possess the advanced technical knowledge to properly reserve highly complex claims
- Properly apply statutory laws and regulations of applicable jurisdiction
- Demonstrate advanced expertise to utilize claim management practices to effectively manage loss costs
- Expertly contribute to loss cost management by recognizing potential for Subrogation and Special Investigation
Teamwork and Team Building (5%)
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Support and assist in building a high performing team with diverse characteristics, where individual differences are valued
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization
- College degree preferred or 5 years relevant work experience required
- Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- State required certification exams and adjusting licenses
- SCLA or CPCU designation preferred
- Demonstrated level of competency as described in Competency Profile
- Satisfactory completion of the candidate testing/certification process
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD