As a Hartford Financial Products Claims Consultant, you will be responsible for handling a caseload of complex claims-made, financial products D&O and E&O claims, from inception to final disposition however future opportunity to handle matters across other lines exists. As these claims are often in litigation, and involve claims of significant financial exposure, the candidate should have extensive experience handling complex claims. Responsibilities include all aspects of claim file management from assignment to conclusion but are not limited to:
Qualifications: WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Conducting investigations and analyzing and evaluating the information learned;
- Appropriately and accurately analyzing and determining coverage, liability and damages based upon the facts of each claim;
- Communicating written position(s) to insured's and other required parties on coverage, liability damages and other issues;
- Within prescribed authority levels, setting appropriate expense and indemnity reserves and monitoring on a regular basis for any needed adjustment;
- Presenting cases to management for expense or indemnity reserve authority above established authority levels;
- Developing and implementing resolution strategies through negotiations to achieve high quality outcomes;
- Proactively managing litigation and counsel, inclusive of litigation planning and execution, budgeting and bill review;
- Understanding and analyzing potential extra-contractual liability as needed;
- Attending trials and mediations as necessary;
- Contributing to broader claim and enterprise goals by participating in audits, projects, training and product development initiatives;
- Preparing comprehensive reports and delivering presentations to senior claim leadership on case developments, policy issues, industry trends, etc;
- Providing support and working collaboratively with business partners to evaluate and address claim trends and developments;
- Address inquiries from agents and policyholders, providing superior customer service.
This position can reside in our Hartford, CT Home office or our New York City office (midtown Manhattan); however, the option for remote work status may be considered for highly qualified candidates outside the area. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree required; law degree a plus.
- Minimum of seven years handling complex litigated coverage and liability matters.
- Candidate should be disciplined, results-oriented and able to focus on bottom line results.
- Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience handling complex Financial Services/ D&O liability claims however candidates with complex civil litigation experience are also encouraged to apply.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent strategic thinking ability and execution skills
- Excellent negotiation and advanced technical claim handling skills, including knowledge of insurance coverage issues
- An ability to communicate thoughts clearly and concisely, and to influence and persuade others
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD