HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. JOB SUMMARY
This position is an administrative staff position in the HCI Claims Department reporting to a Director of Claims. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for injury, demographic and claims coding for approximately 2,800 professional liability and general liability claims. Additionally, this position will provide claims metrics data to the Claims Manager on individual files and handles other administrative tasks associated with the claim file. Ideally, this individual has experience with the HCI claims system, HCI operational practices and has strong Excel and Tableau skills GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will:
- Be responsible for accurately coding approximately 2,800 professional liability and general liability claims. Coding responsibilities include patient demographic and insurance information obtained during the life of a file, suit and presuit information, plaintiff attorney information, injury and severity information, timeliness of counsel reports and defense counsel liability, verdict and settlement assessment information on incoming reports.
- Provide the Claim Manager an individualized Case Profile for each claim at the 90-day level and as needed. Case Profile report includes plaintiff attorney name, # HCI claims, Settlement Amts/Trials, Settlements by injury/severity/defensibility. The Case Profile also includes Injury Coding profile - Historical state specific average settlement by injury/severity/defensibility
- Assist in tracking legal expense and indemnity metrics by downloading data into Excel spreadsheets and creating data reports and illustrations.
- Requests COIs automatically for all states that require insurance disclosure
- Creates check requests, verifies proper documents, submits to the Claims Manager
- Works with Finance to link multi claim files to a single occurrence.
- Complete the Florida Close Claim Report.
- Secures National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) reporting information.
- Other claims administrative tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative support in an insurance claims environment.
- Knowledge of liability insurance operations.
- Knowledge of Excel and Tableau (Understanding of pivot tables and charts a plus)
High School Graduate or equivalent
College Graduate preferred
- Proficient computer skills with word processing and database competency.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Effective time management skills.