• The Claims Examiner is primarily responsible for investigating, evaluating and resolving property damage and personal injury claims against the Company and/or its subsidiaries in a manner consistent with the Company's objectives and values. This is accomplished by gathering appropriate information, evaluating alleged damages, determining liability and compensability, negotiating settlements and reporting obtained information.
• Must have a functional knowledge of relevant laws and legal principles in order to resolve claims.
• Collaborate directly with Store Operations, Human Resources and Loss Prevention to resolve claims in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining adequate production levels and while fulfilling reasonable customer service expectations.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• College degree OR 3 years working experience
• 6 months experience as a Claims Examiner or materially relevant knowledge, skills and abilities from other professions (e.g., loss prevention, customer service, investigative experience, legal experience, property estimating experience)
• Relevant professional licenses and/or certifications, including a North Carolina insurance adjuster license
• Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours when necessary
• Bachelor's Degree
• Previous big box retail experience
Option to work from home up to two days per week!
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.