Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision?
Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits, Tuition Reimbursement and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates that recognizes and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Airgas USA, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Class A HAZMAT Delivery Driver position at our plant in Grand Prairie, TX
. This person will deliver compressed gas products to customers over an established route. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Makes deliveries outside of regular route to provide customers with product. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Loads truck.
- Collects money from customers, makes change and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Writes customer order and instructions. Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Gives feedback to supervisor about customer complaints and requirements.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures and DOT requirements.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) (preferred) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and record information.
Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid CDL class A with hazardous material and air brakes endorsements. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.